Friday, November 1, 2013

Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting

I bake a lot and I like to make my frosting form scratch as well. Cream cheese is always my go to. In my opinion it goes well with most everything, is relatively simple to make, and not to mention delicious :)


Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting

1 stick (4oz) of butter (room temperature)
4 oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
2 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. and 1 t of vanilla and mix well. Add 2 C of powdered sugar and fold it into the mixture until fully incorporated.



Baker's Tips
- I instruct to fold because powdered sugar can get very messy. Folding the sugar in works much better than trying to mix it in. Not only will you get it done faster without as much of the mess, you also won't have as much powdered sugar sitting at the bottom of your bowl.
- Mix things up! Some times I like to add a tablespoon or two of cinnamon to give the frosting that extra kick; especially in the fall.
- this frosting comes out a bit thick, so that it can be easily piled on top of the cake or cupcake. If you would prefer a slightly thinner frosting, just add a tablespoon of milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment