Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Banana Cupcakes

Why is it that all of these posts seem to always start with me having to get rid of something old? Well, for those of you who like me, buy produce and then forget it's there, I have another installation for you!

I bought bananas last week and one of them had gotten to the point where it was so ripe, I didn't want to eat it, but I only had one banana; what can you make with that? Usually I make banana bread with old bananas but I thought I'd be a bit more creative this time....



 
Banana Cupcakes
makes 12 standard cupcakes

6 T butter (room temperature)
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
6 T sour milk
1/2 C mashed bananas ( ~ 1 medium banana)
1 1/4 C flour
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder



Preheat the oven to 350 F
In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and mix well. then add the sour milk and mix until smooth.

line the cupcake tin with cupcake foils and fill them half-3/4 of the way full (depending on how round you like the top of your cupcakes).

Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes; until you can stick a toothpick in them and have it come out clean.

Ice the cupcakes with your favorite icing (I suggest chocolate)

Enjoy!

Baker's Tips:
- If you don't have any sour milk (I'm pretty sure they don't sell that) you can easily make some by adding a couple of teaspoons of lime juice to regular milk (whole, skim, 2%, whatever) and letting it sit for at least five minutes.
- Depending on your oven, you may need to rotate the pan halfway through just to make sure you get an even bake.
- Make it your own! spice it up with a bit of vanilla or cinnamon. This recipe is easily manipulated.



No comments:

Post a Comment